John Nustad is an East Texas native; having attended Pine Tree ISD and graduated from Gilmer High School and Kilgore College.
During his elementary years, he was raised by a single mother that instilled resilience and Christian morals.
His step-father, a blue-collar worker, instilled in him the value of hard work and integrity.
His brother, a sheriff deputy, exemplifies service above self.
He met his wife, Katy, in Longview and has been married to her for 10 years. They have chosen to raise their children, Vivienne, age 7, and Talon, age 4, in Longview, Texas.
His two rescue dogs, Zuri and Brick, round out his family.
- BA in Business Management from Univ of Texas at Arlington
- AA in General Studies from Kilgore College
- Graduated High School from Gilmer High School
- Serves on Kilgore College Foundation Board
- Serves on City of Longview’s Senior Advisory Council.
- Founder of the Longview Book Club
- Member of Longview Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Longview Area Association of Realtors
- Member of First United Methodist Church of Longview
- Rotarian at Longview Greggton Rotary
- Past President of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Big Pines
- Past Council Member of City of Longview’s Housing Authority
- Former Chair of Odis Hill Golf Tournament and Craftoberfest benefitting the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Big Pines.
Recognition & Awards
- 2022 ETX View’s Forty Under 40 Finalist for Banking & Lending
- 2019 Longview Area Association of Realtors’ Affiliate of the Year
- 2019 Longview Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Longview graduate
John speaking to high school students at Lobo Talk